THIS JUST IN — Extended Four Days Only — Celebrating Thirty Years and a 60 Percent Discount
BDK America presents the Great Sutra Sale to mark the completion of our 30th year of publishing the BDK English Tripiṭaka Translation Series. Under the program, BDK oversees the translation of the massive Chinese Mahayana canon into English. (Browse Sutras now.)
To celebrate we are letting all customers save 60 percent off of our usual prices for our entire catalog from now until the the end of 2015. Note: As a thank you to our customers for their support of the sale, and as a courtesy to customers just returning from the winter holidays, we are extending the Great Sutra Sale for four days only through Jan. 4, 2016.
PLEASE NOTE: We have added to our catalog, and your discount includes our two most recent publications, released in December:
- Esoteric Texts. Important works in Esoteric Buddhism, several integral to the Shingon school.
- The Canonical Book of the Buddha's Lengthy Discourses, Volume I. Foundational works for Buddhism of all schools.
We encourage students and scholars of Buddhism to take advantage of these unprecedented savings.
See Discount on Checkout
The prices shown in our catalog are not discounted. But your order will be discounted automatically in the checkout process. The discount applies to the subtotal of all books ordered. Shipping is not discounted.
You will see our dicount code added automatically as shown:
The code stands for the Great Sutra Sale of 2015.
The following restrictions or ground rules apply:
- Limited Time. Discounts subject to availability. While our warehouse is stocked with all titles, if a title sells out of stock during the period of the sale, the discount will not apply to backorders.
- Cannot Apply to Future Volumes. BDK continues to release new volumes in the series, but the offer only applies to books currently in our catalog. It does not apply to new publications in our pipeline.
- Cannot Be Retroactive. The discount cannot be applied to previous orders. Please consider this a kind of "flash" sale, available only for a limited time.
- Cannot Be Combined. The discount cannot be combined with any other offer or other pricing policy, such as quantity discounts or library rates. .
- Shipping Costs Remain. The discount applies to the subtotal of the books ordered. Shipping costs are not discounted.
The BDK English Tripiṭaka Translation Series is administered by Bukkyō Dendō Kyōkai (BDK) from Tokyo Japan, working closely with BDK America for editing, publishing, and distribution. The series was begun by the late Rev. Dr. Yehan Numata, the founder of BDK. In order to help the many peoples of the world come to know the teachings of the Buddha, Rev. Dr. Numata believed that an English translation of the Tripiṭaka was essential.
Enjoy Your Savings
Don't wait! Browse our catalog now!
- About the BDK English Tripiṭaka Translation Series.
- About the late Rev. Dr. Yehan Numata
- About the continuing work of the Rev. Dr. Toshihide Numata to further the BDK mission